US Hotels We Keep Returning To

CNT’s Global Digital Director's Triple Crown Hotel Picks in the US

ERIN FLORIO

Global Features Director

There is a little trade off I make in my travels: the closer I stay to home, the more I will splurge on an especially nice hotel (the money I save on that international airfare has to go somewhere right?). Domestically there are so many exceptional places to stay, from beach resorts to sophisticated city spots to countryside retreats; you really do not need to leave the United States to experience the best version of any kind of property. The US hotel market excels on all fronts, from traditional like the Bel Air in Los Angeles to the thoroughly modern like Miami's splashy Faena.


Whether its the best of wellness, food, or just quiet relaxation in a mind blowing setting (hello, Vermejo) the hotels in the US are top tier on every level. And being in New York, I am fortunate enough to be close to so many for just a long weekend escape. Below are a few of my favorites.

CNT Triple Crown winners have appeared on all three of our most prestigious lists at least once over the past 30 years—our annual Hot List, for the best new hotels, Gold List, for the editors favourites, and Readers’ Choice, the best as chosen by our audience.

Erin's Triple Crown Picks

The Mark Hotel, New York City

When I need to get away but don't want to leave the city, I'll head to the Mark Hotel. This jewel box of a hotel on the Upper East Side is simply perfection, from its perfectly trimmed flowers placed fresh in the vases each morning to the deep sunken white marble bath tubs which my little son played in like a pool. They arrange picnics with lawn toys in nearby Central Park and have the perfect snack stationed at the entrance - possibly the greatest hot dog cart in the city. That's saying something.


Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Florida

I am yet to meet anyone lucky enough to have been a guest at this stunning oceanside property north of Miami that didnt immediately call it one of their favorite hotels ever. I was one of the first to stay when it opened about a decade ago and it's only gotten better ever since. A recent visit with my kids was spent rolling from the excellent family pool (smartly landscaped with a long patch of green for playing games and running around for when the kids need a break from the water but you aren't prepared to leave your lounger) to the poolside bar to the fabulous white-on-white suite with views that stretch over the gorgeous glowing ocean.


Ocean House, Rhode Island

Few hotels can actually amplify a destination the way this New England classic escape can. The lawns are prime for sunset drinks, the Atlantic is always a cold, moody rich blue from the massive room windows and I am telling you, you haven't had oysters till you try them fried at the onsite restaurant. This place is one of those special, return-every-summer-if-you-could spots that perfectly captures the spirit of the Northeastern coastal summer.


All listings featured on Condé Nast Traveler are independently selected by our editors. If you book something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Was this forwarded to you? Sign up.

Plus, find all of our newsletters.

This e-mail was sent to you by CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add our e-mail address, condenasttraveler@newsletter.cntraveler.com, to your address book.

View our Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Like Royalty at the Mandarin Oriental Ritz in Madrid

Before Filming ‘White Lotus,’ Natasha Rothwell Stayed At a Silent Buddhist Retreat

The Best Snorkeling Destinations in the World